5 unusual infos to know about the poo


60
60 points

5 unusual infos to know about the poo


The daily weight of stool per person: 200 g!

On average, an adult produces about 200 grams of stool a day. With a transit "normal", we go to the saddle between 3 times / day and 3 times / week.

But the weight of the feces can vary according to the diets. For example, at the beginning of the 20th century, a lot of black bread was consumed, a bread made from rye flour that made its crumbs very dense and thus increased the average stool weight, which was at that time rather around. 300g a day.

Stool can flow ... or float

In general, when you go to the bathroom, the stools run because their composition is denser than water.

But in some cases, faeces can float: this is due to the presence of gas or high fiber content in the stool. Fiber in food that can not be digested by the body. Nothing disturbing therefore, it's only due to their composition!

Faeces are composed mainly of water

It is often ignored, but faeces are essentially composed of water. As we have pointed out, their composition varies according to what we put in our plates, but they are generally composed of 75% of water, and the remaining 25% is solid waste.

Stool with too liquid consistency is a sign of diarrhea, and therefore a significant loss of water that can lead to dehydration.

Stool color is a reflection of our health

Usually stained brown, stools can take on other shades, which can reveal many things about the functioning of the digestive system.

Thus, black stools, accompanied by a strong odor, can alert to a risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding, in the digestive tract. If this coloring can also be related to the consumption of certain foods or medicines, it requires urgent medical consultation, in order to eliminate doubts.

Red excrement indicates the presence of blood. This bleeding can be caused by an inflammatory disease in the lower part of the digestive system, hemorrhoids, cracks ... In this case, we often find blood on the toilet paper.

The stool is orange? Do not panic, this is probably due to what you have recently put in your plate: carrot, sweet potato, squash, are vegetables rich in beta-carotene that will tend to stain your stool.

A large consumption of green vegetables will also tend to tint your excrement, which will appear more green.

Plastic is found in human excreta

In 2018, an Austrian study, presented at a meeting of the European Union of Gastroenterology in Vienna, revealed the worrying presence of plastic in the stools of different people around the world.

According to the hypotheses put forward by scientists, these tiny particles of plastic, invisible to the naked eye (less than 5 millimeters), come from the food chain. In question, the many wastes made of plastic that pollute the seas, and poison fish and other products from the sea, which we then consume ... The authors believe that "more than 50% of the world's population could have micro plastics in the stool".

Read also :

⋙ Coproculture: what is the purpose of a stool analysis?

⋙ Flat belly: 5 exercises to promote digestion

⋙ 4 unusual and revolting news on the rules


Like it? Share with your friends!

60
60 points

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published.