How to make waves in the hair ▷ Iron, tongs, curling iron
If you are looking to learn how to make waves in the hair, then you came to the most complete guide that you will get on the Internet, where you will find the best photos and videos of hair styles with loops and mainly learn how to do them step by step.
The healthy envy that we have women with straight hair is always about the girls who wear their natural hair with waves or that they are made by different techniques where each wave wick has that aggregate that favors any style, giving it elegance, freshness, naturalness and that fabulous feminine chic touch.
It also benefits mainly wicks with degraded dyes or that carry a type of dye and color that emulates the sun's rays such as Californian wicks or styles with balayage tufts.
That's why I will explain to you so that you learn different ways to make waves in your hair without damaging your hair, but also after you wear those curls, curlers or whatever you want to call them, choose the best type of hairstyle depending on the face style that have.
Since they can go with hairstyles for short hair, long hair, semi-picked, with bows, with different types of pigtails, braids or simply wear loose waves that are very beautiful but that maintain a strict maintenance.
In this guide I will teach you how to make waves without heat so as not to damage the hair as well as applying tweezers, tongs and curling irons that are used in beauty salons and hairdressers.
How to make waves in the hair?
There are different techniques to make waves in the hair when you do not have natural waves but following these tricks I assure you that you will be able to have beautiful wavy shapes that will give your hairstyles greater personality.
These tricks can be done in your home in a simple way and be able to enjoy an elegant, youthful look and above all that is a trend because it never goes out of style, because it is always a classic of beauty salons.
The secret of carrying waves in your hair is that they seem as natural as possible for those of us who are not lucky enough to have them and that is achieved by giving a disheveled touch with the fingers of your hand after you get the amount and thickness of each wave. what are you looking for.
Since if you can not bring that look to the naturalness you need then you will notice a lot the production and the lack of movement that every mane needs regardless of whether it is long, medium or short.
How to make open waves with medium tongs
Hair shapers with tweezers or also called tongs are very useful for hairstyles with waves and that's why I'm going to give you an example of how to make one to have waves more naturally and that there are open waves in sight.
Fine tongs are recommended for this type of wave.
- What you should do is roll the strand you want to have with the curling wave and with just one turn it will be the perfect process so it should be beautiful.
- Then you have to move your hand quickly in the direction from top to bottom but remember not to reach the root or the tips.
- Mainly when you make this movement you have to do it in the middle part since with this you can achieve to have that undulation open.
- To finish if what you want is to add texture to your waves then what you have to do choose a product that of volume and texture shaping it with your fingers.
Waves in short hair touching the tips
To begin I will show you that wearing short hair and achieving the effect of movement is possible by simply applying a small loop at the tips of the wicks.
As a tip I have to point out that it is advisable to wear a bob mane hairstyle so as not to have to completely curl each strand and you will also achieve a greater amount of volume visually.
- As a first step, what you should do is apply a heat shield to your hair before you have combed your hair with a side parting.
- Applying a pincer or curling iron that has a medium diameter you start to create the waves on the opposite side to the stripe you made (since you are going to have more hair to work), but considering starting with each wick in the middle towards the points.
- On the other side with a hair straightener it will be ideal but you do not have to smooth the entire length but when you reach the end of the ends, you turn the iron inwards and with that you will get a greater volume and above all give it the pointed shape you were looking for.
- To finish combs with a fine comb or brush to give the desired naturalness.
Sienna Miller is a good example of how she wears these types of waves in her blond hair.
Hair Iron for disheveled waves
To perform this beautiful wave technique, what you have to do first is to divide your hair into two strands that allow you to elaborate your look with the iron taking into account that one part will be the bottom and the other the outside.
- The tuft has to be a few centimeters wide to be able to rotate the iron about 360 ° and roll up to give it the shape.
- You have to do it in position and inward direction when you start to roll and then slowly move down so that the heat takes effect on the wave without hurting or burning the hair.
- You have to repeat this process by taking each wick until you finish with all your hair.
- So that the created waves last in time you can use some fixing product.
- If you are going to apply small locks attached to your face then it is advisable to take less hair and apply with a hair dryer and a round brush.
- Then it is best to finish combing with your fingers and fixative to form your hairstyle.
Hair waves with long hair using the hair straightener
- To start what you have to do is take your hair and divide it into two parts as if you were doing two pigtails so you will have these two sections and add to all your hair spray that I acted as a heat shield since when applying The hair straightener can be damaged by its intensity.
- Then you have to brush your hair well to distribute the product you applied.
- As this technique to make waves is for long hairs it is best that you go fixing each section and divide it with hair bands or pins depending on what is most comfortable in my case use hair gummies to make working more comfortable.
- When I started with the iron, what I did is to take each strand with a medium size where it doesn't have to be very narrow since they will look very thin or very thick because otherwise it will give the feeling of wide.
- Start winding each strand as you are accustomed and slide smoothly but continuously so as not to burn the iron until it reaches the ends and as you finish you turn to give it that waving effect.
- You have to consider that since this technique is long hair, what is achieved is a natural wave since it is not very marked, such as a curl or a loop.
Diffuser and fine tongs the perfect combo to make waves in short mane
I tried this technique when I had a very nice short hairy season that I recommend if you are constant in the maintenance of the hair and can go to the beauty salon monthly to keep the cut.
- First you have to have wet hair so that it can have a better effect and then you can start applying from the middle of each strand that you take to the tips the detangling hair styling cream and then a spray that has the waves effect. (also called surf waves in beauty products)
- Once you have applied the products, you have to divide them into thin strands and you will roll with the fingers of your hand.
- To dry it is best to dry naturally but since you do not have much time you can do it with the dryer that has the diffuser applied to give it the expected effect.
- Already for this step you have to have dry hair without moisture, so the idea is to add volume and texture with some product that you see in stores, if instead you want it to look natural you can not apply this step and leave it until here.
- To give it the appearance of a beauty salon and make it look more professional then with the fine tongs you will be rolling each strand and let it act for five seconds, no more than that to see how the applied wave is.
- It is best to always give the direction to the strands in a different way so that the naturalness you are looking for can be more real when it comes to seeing the finished hairstyle and that this messy, natural and spontaneous effect is present.
- Consider that the wicks of the forehead always have to roll out which would be in the opposite direction to your face, so with a little help from your fingers and if you want to add a texturizing spray it will make those waves last longer .
Achieve undone waves with hair straightener
Undoubtedly this technique to make waves, is the best to obtain natural finishes, but you have to consider these steps to be able to do them.
- Start by applying a spray product to comb, untangle and to create surf waves so famous that they are in fashion, always having previously wet hair.
- What you have to do with your dryer is to dry from the tips to the root without pointing directly so as not to damage the scalp and then divide by different wick sections.
- Then apply hair texturizer to each of them and you start to undulate with the help of the iron that previously has to be hot.
- When applying the iron you do not have to turn as I mentioned in other cases but the idea to make it more natural is to move first to the inside of the hair, then move out and continue the process.
- With this you will get a kind of zig zag and that the waves are natural but at the same time smooth in their definition.
- To improve this type of waves it is best to take with a pincer that is wide in thickness and you can go mainly reviewing the wicks that appear on your face glued, then if you want it randomly you apply it all around your mane where uncontrollable strands.
Wide Tenacilla to make perfect waves
- Once you have your hair washed you have to dry with a hair dryer and then apply a product that is to give volume to your hair.
- The next step will be to comb using the hair dryer but also a round comb which will help to achieve greater hair sensation in the hairstyle.
- Once you do, start winding each strand of your hair with tongs that have a diameter of medium thickness.
- With texturizing spray you have to comb with your fingers and then let the hair be fixed on the desired hairstyle.
Waves in the hair with iron, tongs or curling iron?
Without hesitation either of these two systems is the fastest you can choose to make waves in the hair, what mainly changes is that the curling iron is cheaper than buying a hair straightener.
And also a great advantage that both have is that allows you to better control the type of wave you want since you can control the heat that you apply.
It is always advisable to use a special product that allows you to protect from heat intense that radiates to your hair where you apply it.
As a main premise you always have to consider that if you take a tuft for both iron and curling iron that is thick then the wave will be much more open.
But one of the questions that you will surely keep asking yourself is What does my hair curl with? a curling iron or a curling iron and there I will clear your doubt.
The shapers that exist today can be with or without pliers, which are what are called tongs, can be conical or oval.
On the other hand you have the automatic hair curlers where the current ones have evolved a lot in regards to their design and material since it varies according to what you want to implement in your beauty look.
Types of Hair Curlers
The first thing you have to define is the type of wave or curl you want to obtain and also the type of hair you have since depending on these two fundamental factors, you will have to choose what type of curling iron you should implement.
This is because there is a large number of molders of different characteristics (with clamp and without clamp) and each has an advantage over another.
Type of Curl desired:
- For small curls a small barrel of less than 2.5 centimeters must be used.
- For Waves that are loose, the largest barrel that exceeds 2.5 centimeters is recommended.
- Finally for soft curls that are not as marked has to be implemented a middle barrel that are 2.5 centimeters.
Hair Shapers with Clip
The curling irons that have a clip are the most classic that are used as it holds the strands while they are heated to give waves to your hair.
And it has a great highlight that you do not touch with your fingers the heat emitted by the barrel, so if you do not have experience and want to start or for comfort they are the best choice to use in your hair compared to manual curling irons.
To stand out as an advantage is that it has a wide variety of sizes that can be achieved with respect to the barrel which can make waves of different dimensions for the hairstyle you need.
In addition to being simple to use, it is an advantage that will always be present since the wick that you want to make a wave or curl remains fixed with the clamp.
Once the molding machine has been heated, the hair must be released with the thumb slowly and smoothly.
The only thing that I personally do not like so much that when using a hair clip, it often leaves a fold if you do not heat the right time and spend the estimated seconds.
Clipless Hair Shapers
For this type of curling iron you have to have a previous experience which I do not recommend if you never operated a hair shaper since it will be a bit complicated and you can burn your fingers more than once.
This is because you have to wind the strand you want to manually give a waveform to the barrel.
Therefore, this type of curling iron almost always brings thermal gloves to protect you and not burn you.
Something very positive is that unlike the one with tweezers with these you can get closer to the root of your hair so you can achieve a greater volume and that for your hairstyle is very favorable in most cases.
Also as another advantage I can emphasize that the folds are not something that you can worry because not using tweezers is a great benefit.
What is the best material of the barrel of Hair Curlers?
The barrel starts from the shaping tool, which can vary according to its shape, which holds part of the strand of the selected hair, and then radiates heat on the hair.
This barrel can be ceramic, titanium or tourmaline.
Ceramic Hair Curler
Being a non-metal tool, it has the advantage that it can distribute all the heat evenly, so the property of having ceramics in its assembly is beneficial.
Therefore, your hair is very little damaged since it has a very low coefficient of friction and the ceramic itself is a very durable material, transmitting negative ions which favors the static electricity that could be produced in your hair.
Titanium Hair Curler
These types of curling irons are better than ceramic curling irons but more expensive to acquire.
In addition to titanium they have the advantage that they heat faster than the previous ones and run with the plus of being more resistant but always consider them to be more expensive but unlike you will have a curling iron that will last you much longer.
That's why everything depends on the use you give it and if it really will be something essential in your weekly hairstyle then I would lean towards this type of curling iron.
In the panel that has the curling iron being made of titanium material, the metal will be able to distribute evenly and totally all the necessary heat.
Something important is that it consumes less energy, which means that electricity consumption will be lower since titanium itself keeps the heat longer.
And as a final detail to be lighter for its titanium material this shaper allows you to make the waves you want in a lighter way and with greater ease for its movement.
Tourmaline Hair Curler
Here we already reach the most expensive hair shapers for their material that in itself is already expensive for anyone's pocket but has its advantages for our waves.
Undoubtedly, the best hair curlers are tourmaline because this material is a mineral that is not metallic and that when it gets high heat temperatures, what it does is emit negative ions, which is what it takes to be able to have a charge reduction Electrostatic in your hair.
So in less time you get the waves and loops you want quickly, that both with titanium and ceramic takes much longer.
By reducing the use you will also achieve less frizz of the hair and the hair will look healthier but also obtaining a natural shine that is difficult to achieve otherwise.
Ripple Temperature Regulator
From 185 ° C it is the correct temperature to be able to mold the hair using curling irons, tongs, tongs or irons.
That is why through this heat radiating these tools that are used to shape your hair the proteins that are part of your hair can maintain their structure due to the internal component that entails that are called disulfide.
But when the heat is applied these unions that what happens to it is that it weakens so that it is the moment that can be given the form you are looking for for your look.
The same applies to making waves, curls or simply straightening hair.
That's why always remember that the hair has internally disulfide, when applying heat this is weakens and you can mold The hair to your liking.
Wave Type or Hair Curl
You have to consider two important factors before choosing which type of curling iron is the most suitable for your hair, on the one hand the length of hair you have and on the other you have to know what type of wave you want for your hairstyle.
- For medium to long hair it is recommended to use long undulations (32 mm barrel or 1 1/4 ″) or forms of wide wavy (barrel of 38 mm or 1 1/2 ″).
- For an average hair length you have to calculate to make a classic wave (25 mm barrel or 1 ″).
- If you have medium to short length hair then you should opt for light curls (19 mm or 3/4 ″ barrel) or closed curls (10 mm or 3/8 ″ barrel) that are generally more elastic.
Types of Barrel Shapes
There are different types of waves and depending on what you want to achieve will influence the type of adapter and diameter you should use.
Straight Barrel: This form is the classic of origin with which the loops began to be made and allows the undulation of your locks in a unified way.
Tapered Barrel: If you want to make wide waves this is the diameter you need, it is to make curls precisely having the advantage of approaching the root and that the wave that is achieved is enlarged as it descends to the tips.
Pearl Barrel: The good thing about the shape of the barrel shaped ball can get a natural effect on the waves for informal hairstyles.
Spiral Barrel: are to get waves perfectly quickly and serve if you like more structured hairstyles.
Double or triple barrel: They are ideal for wide waves that cover a lot of space inside the long hair, quite the opposite if you need defined curls in your look.
How to make waves in the hair without heat
There are different types of ways to make waves in your hair without using the heat of the shapers that you can use in a beauty salon, hairdresser or simply in your home but the effects will always be less durable.
Using this type of techniques and tips that I will leave you below you will get incredible natural waves without having to use the heat of a pincer or hair straightener.
Make Waves in Hair with Stockings
Now I am going to show you an extravagant way to make the waves with socks which seems something incredible but it is a technique that some models use when they have little time and few resources.
- Taking your mane you divide it into two sections so you can add a half for each strand of the mane you separated.
- To continue you have to make two well-rolled moñetes, that is next to each other and with the same dryer you apply heat to it to fix.
- As a secret of this technique you have to consider making this moñete as high as possible since at a higher height, the waves in your hair will begin before which will give it greater shape.
Something that you have to consider is better to do this type of technique with wet hair and leave it as long as possible since the waving form will remain much longer as you can also apply a fixing spray to finish.
Make Waves in the Hair with the fingers
This is a technique that does not work on any type of hair, since women who have straight hair naturally are more difficult to work but you can try and then tell me if it worked for you.
There are different ways, some prefer to use rollers or curlers but in this case you will learn in a homemade way that you can do at any time of the day.
- With wet hair you have to wind strands with your own fingers, which you have to previously divide from your hair and fix with hairpins.
- Then you let the hours pass so that this wave is better and more marked, for a greater amount of time than you leave it will be more marked but consider that the forks also.
- That is why it is best not to pin the pins or fork that you put in each strand, it is best to use hairdresser's tweezers.
Consider that if the curlers are wide when you hold them then the waves will be more open, however if by holding what you rolled is narrower the curls achieved will be more closed.
How to make hair waves with braids
Making braids is very simple when you practice them and mainly you learn a lot to do them when you have girls since it is a classic hairstyle for your daughters at school time.
But if you want to have waves in a natural way you can implement this type of braiding to add some body and movement to your hair.
- First you have to make a traditional braid that can be the famous French braid, this should be applied with wet hair after washing your hair.
- Then you have to keep in mind that the thickness of the braid in each strand you make is going to shape the wave later as well as if this braid is tight or tight as well as less tight.
- If what you are looking for is to have many small waves in the head then it is recommended to distribute different braids throughout the hair, this is recommended if you have a hair with abundant hair.
- In the opposite case that you have little hair then it is best to only make a braid and then the waves will be generated.
- Once you let it dry it can be applied throughout the day while you do your normal life or at night before bedtime, you take apart the braid and you will wear beautiful waves and then do the hairstyle you like best.
As a trick to ensure that the waves are perfect and do not disassemble it is best with a hair straightener to go through each braid so that heat sets the ripples.
How to make waves with a handkerchief
I liked this technique very much because it is simple to perform and it is very beautiful since you will be able to make yourself waves without heat and inspired by Victoria's Secret models.
The good thing about this technique is that you don't have to use hair straighteners or tongs.
- Start moistening the hair so that it takes more shape when it comes to making the waves.
- Then apply a little «serum»In tips and means of each mochen to achieve more shine and make the touch softer.
- The next step is to make a ponytail at the height you want but consider that if you make it higher you can get a larger volume. To tie it you can use an elastic hair band so that the hair is not marked.
- Now with a handkerchief, chalina or pashmina you go through the ponytail you made on the jelly and gather the tips of the handkerchief until it is centered and you begin to slide the handkerchief over itself and then slide to the tips.
- Once you get down the strands, which would be the tips, with the same movement you roll the hair and once you reach the top of the head you take a couple more turns so that it is well held and the wave is marked more.
- Finally you make a couple of knots on the scarf that you put on so that it is fixed and then let it rest overnight.
- The next day you have to undo the roll you made and shape it with your own fingers and hands.
- Finally, I recommend applying serum again to give that shine and movement to the waves that are needed for any hairstyle.
How to make Waves with bun filling
The filling used for hair bun is the donut or bump and this is another option that is used to make the amount of waves you want without damaging the hair.
The hair is recommended to be moist but not very wet since the idea is to dry as soon as possible.
If you are not interested in using heat then to accelerate the process to do it faster with the hair dryer you can throw hot air and then cold air so that the waves made are fixed.
- With a filling to make hair bun like a donut you roll all your hair with a ponytail from the tip to the center.
- You start to open the hair with your hands covering the donut and to hold it you add open hairpins.
- Now you have to wait a few hours, until your hair feels completely dry.
- Therefore, you start to disassemble the bun and remove the filling, releasing the loose hair, obtaining large and discarded waves.
To get the same effect but without using the filling then you can do it getting the same effect for that you have to:
- Make a ponytail and then you take wet strands by rolling them up and holding them with forks that are flat
- You put the tips inside each winding you make and always try to make each wick you take this moisture enough.
- Once it is dry you remove all hairpins and the rubber with which you made the ponytail.
How to make waves with impeller (ballerina bow)
I like this technique very much for its simplicity to quickly and easily make your home when you want to have beautiful waves and give more movement to your hair.
I recommend you make this bun one day after you bathe and with this you will get soft natural waves.
- Brush the hair well to untangle and then use styling cream accompanied by a spray that throws water to moisten and then dries with the bow made and when released achieve the expected waves.
- You have to make a super high ponytail from the middle of the head.
- Then rotate all your hair as if you were making a normal bun and simply then fix it with a garter or a little hair gum.
- Start to slowly pull and pull the sides of the bun so that it gets bigger and thus get a prettier shape.
- Once you use the bun all day then it is time to free your hair and achieve those expected waves that you can accommodate with your fingers.
How to make waves in the hair with curlers
The curlers are like rollers but longer as more hair comes in to make loops or curlers and the good thing that has to be folded to adapt what you need.
- With clean but damp hair you have to start doing this tutorial where you should make a partition through the middle of your hair and then take one of those two strands and divide it in two, halfway where you have the ear.
- Now you have to apply a curler by rolling from the tip back until you reach the root of the hair.
- When you get what you have to do is bend the curler by tightening it so that it is fixed, something you have to consider is that if you want the wave to be marked more you should take less hair for the strand and if you want the wave to be marked less, add more amount of hair for each curler.
- Continue doing this process for each wick you divided into all the rest of the hair.
You should leave these curlers on for about an hour and it will be enough for the hair to dry and if you are in a hurry and need to have fast waves then you can use the hair dryer giving cold air to achieve the result quickly.
I hope that all this information will help you choose your best option for your hairstyle and you can start making your waves in your hair.
Si deseas compartir estos trucos con tus amigas entonces te invito a que compartas en tus redes sociales como facebook, twitter o la que utilices, hasta el próximo articulo de belleza y peinados.